GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone. It displays your current position on a zoomable map and can be used to search for and navigate to roads or points of interest of your liking. As all data is stored in a compact binary format on your mobile phone you will incur no charges for extra data downloads.
· Vector rendering of the roads, areas and points of interest
· Displaying the map either north on top or in the direction of driving
· Centering the map to a position received from your GPS
· NMEA GPS-unit with bluetooth connection.
· Devices with built-in JSR179 compatible location provider
· Zooming in and out to arbitrary levels of detail.
· Displaying the name of the street you are on and the maximum speed you may travel.
· Searching for a name (street, city or POI) and jumping to it on the map
· Searching for close by points of interest
· Calculating a route to a target street and navigate to it with voice guidance
· Adding and deleting of waypoints to the map
· Recording and displaying of track logs
· Importing and exporting track logs and waypoints to and from GPX
· Taking geotagged photos with your mobile
· Fully customizing which OSM features are used in GpsMid and how you want your map to look
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Harald Mueller»:
NavFun Pro Navigate, track, review. NavFun Pro is THE all-terrain navigation/GPS tool. All your tracks can be uploaded to internet. Maps can be stored on the mobile's flash card to avoid internet traffic
City Map Locator Very easy to use and locate your city and show you the path by two type of Maps Hybrid and Road
GpsMid Croatia GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone