GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone. It displays your current position on a zoomable map and can be used to search for and navigate to roads or points of interest of your liking. As all data is stored in a compact binary format on your mobile phone you will incur no charges for extra data downloads.
· Vector rendering of the roads, areas and points of interest
· Displaying the map either north on top or in the direction of driving
· Centering the map to a position received from your GPS
· NMEA GPS-unit with bluetooth connection.
· Devices with built-in JSR179 compatible location provider
· Zooming in and out to arbitrary levels of detail.
· Displaying the name of the street you are on and the maximum speed you may travel.
· Searching for a name (street, city or POI) and jumping to it on the map
· Searching for close by points of interest
· Calculating a route to a target street and navigate to it with voice guidance
· Adding and deleting of waypoints to the map
· Recording and displaying of track logs
· Importing and exporting track logs and waypoints to and from GPX
· Taking geotagged photos with your mobile
· Fully customizing which OSM features are used in GpsMid and how you want your map to look
Like it? Share with your friends!
Requirements:MIDP 2.0, CLDC 1.1
Other Java Freeware of Developer «Harald Mueller»:
GpsMid Armenia GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
GpsMid Karlsruhe GpsMid is a free, fully offline, vector based map application for your mobile phone
Mobile GMaps Application that displays maps from Google Maps, Yahoo!
Rapid Locator Cross-platform small webapp mobile service to share your GPS geolocation position with other online friends in the easiest way posible. With no registration required, you can know where your friends are